Each Thursday, Pastor Keith Cox is going LIVE on Facebook at 2:00 PM to give an update on what is going on in the life of our church! The videos will be posted on our website and Youtube shortly after!
Hello Church Family,
Our Bishop made an official announcement that local churches temporarily cancel worship services and church activities due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. We will follow the advice from the Bishop. All worship services and activities will be temporarily postponed.
We will record weekly sermons, continuing our emphasis on God is doing a new thing. You can watch those sermons on our website or on Facebook on Sunday mornings. Please contact me should you need anything at all. My email is: Keith@clarkesvillefirstumc.org.
If you want to donate during this time, your donation can be mailed to the church office or you may go online to our website to the GIVE tab.
Continue to pray for our country and our community during this Pandemic.
Protecting our older adults is imperative as well as those with chronic health issues.
Let us embrace our faith over fear while being proactive.
Healthy Measures at Clarkesville First UMC in the Wake of the Coronavirus
- First and foremost, each family must do what they feel is best for their own family.
- Per the CDC, older adults and those with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease should avoid crowds as much as possible.
- We are monitoring the situation closely. Changes to our programming may be made daily as new developments occur. Our model will follow the Habersham Health Department and Habersham County School System as far as preventative measures and closures.
- All activities of
the church are temporarily postponed thru June 22nd.
- The campus is also closed to community use.
- The church office will be closed, however all messages are checked and emails returned daily.
ALTERNATIVE WORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- You may hear the
sermon and special music on our website or Facebook.
- The sermon from the previous Sunday is played on WCHM 94.3 FM on Saturdays at 10:00am or Sundays at 9:00am, 11:00am or 10:00pm.
- An abbreviated worship service of sermon and music will be posted on Facebook
- During this hiatus,
you may mail your gifts and tithes to the church office; drop it by the office;
or donate online thru our church website, using the “Give” tab on our homepage.
HEALTH SAFETY PRACTICES ONCE SERVICES RESUME
- During the Time of
Fellowship & Greeting, we recommend that everyone refrain from physical
contact. Smiles and words of welcome are always appropriate!
- We will provide
hand sanitizer at all entrances to the worship services. We recommend everyone sanitize their hands as
- We will be extra diligent in cleaning pews, pads, hymnals, door knobs, counters, etc. We will continue to wipe down and disinfect all common surfaces and toys in the children’s areas.
- Observance of Holy Communion will be temporarily postponed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Clarkesville First UMC website: www.clarkesvillefirstumc.org
Clarkesville First UMC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ClarkesvilleFirstUMC
Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov
Statement from the Bishop: